Tuesday 8 April 2014

Abba - Mamma Mia

Something I like to say a lot is that you cannot listen to Abba and be unhappy.  No matter how stressful the day may be, Abba will make it better.  I swear.  So it's about time that I got my favourite Swedish pop band on the blog.  "Mamma Mia" is from the 1975 self-titled album, but you probably know that it's also the name of the musical that was based off of the Abba catalogue, and the movie.  Meryl Streep owned it during her rendition, but the original is still special to me.  "Mamma Mia" is definitely one of my favourites from the group.  It might be because it's terribly infectious (in the best possible way), but the uplifting lyrics, instrumentals and vocals that are neither over-the-top or blending into the background.  Abba did pop right in the 70's, I can tell you that.  And what you know?  I'm feeling happier already.

No comments:

Post a Comment