Monday 7 April 2014

Turisas - For Your Own Good

Out of Finland, Turisas is a band you should be listening to if you like anything in the vein of folk metal.  They remind me of Ensiferum-meets-Nightwish (and maybe just a touch of Avenged Sevenfold), and it's a unique sound, but it also has that familiarity.  I wouldn't steer you wrong here.  And you can't say no to electric violin, and in today's case, jazzy piano.  Yes, it can be done.  "For Your Own Good" is the lead single from 2013's Turisas2013 album, and with good reason.  It may not be as folky as some of their earlier work that I'm more familiar with, and I can imagine some fans would be up in arms about it, but I like it.  It still has the metal you love, but it's just delivered in a different way.  This is why I want to compare them to Avenged Sevenfold, but Turisas is less horror rock and more power-folk-symphonic-all-the-good-stuff.  Though "For Your Own Good" can be different, different can also be good at the same time....or very very very good.

No comments:

Post a Comment