Tuesday 15 April 2014

Lea Michele - Cannonball

I've been a Lea Michele fan ever since Glee started in 2009, and though I don't follow the show as religiously as I used to, I can't discount that she has a voice for the ages.  Some people are born to sing, and she's one of them.  Her debut album Louder came out in March, and I've been sampling some songs here and there, but the lead single, "Cannonball," is the one that really jumped out at me.  On Glee she has a habit of sounding very theatrical and over-the-top (which is a part of her character, mind you), but on "Cannonball," Lea Michele is a refined sensation.  This is the way the pop music should always be done, because there's no way to go wrong.  "Cannonball" is pure beauty, and let's hope this voice isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment