Saturday 5 April 2014

Rush - A Passage to Bangkok

I like my new music, but more often than not I need some classics to get me through the day, and Rush is always the answer to life's problems.  I was first introduced to the band years ago, when my brother first began his obsession with classic rock and songs like "A Passage to Bangkok" were always on repeat at our house.  Some things stick if you listen to them enough, so here we are now.  I Love You Man also fueled this a little more too, just saying.  "A Passage to Bangkok" is a journey through the 70's, with drug-fueled night aplenty.  Geddy Lee's voice is also perfect...if I was alive in the 70's he would have been my Rody Walker or Ben Kowalewicz.  We also have awesome guitar and drum work thanks to Alex Lifeson and Neil Peart, and together, it makes "A Passage to Bangkok" a trip.  No, not a drug trip, but actually a lovely adventure through rock.  Classics are songs that people keep coming back to decades later, and this, my friends, is a classic and a half.

No comments:

Post a Comment