Wednesday 9 April 2014

Brandy - What About Us

Along the lines of "Sick of Being Lonely," Brandy is another old-school hip-hop fave of mine from the early days of the 2000's.  When I wasn't watching her on Moesha, I was watching the "What About Us" video in the winter of early 2002, and the chorus has literally been stuck in my head since.  Yes, I'm telling the truth about that.  I'm not really familiar with a lot of her music anymore, but what I like now about "What About Us" is the techno-electro-hip-hop feel that it has to it.  It's something you can move your shoulders to, but there's just something futuristic about it to me.  Brandy's voice is just lovely too, and I think this will be another case of music that is permanently ingrained in my head.  Not that I mind one bit...

No comments:

Post a Comment