Wednesday 16 April 2014

Children of Bodom - Scream For Silence

There's just something wonderful about death metal, and there's something even more wonderful about Finland's Children of Bodom.  I've been slowly getting into this band over the last few years, and every time I find something new, I love it even more.  Today's "Scream For Silence" is from the band's 2013 release Halo of Blood, but don't let the implied gore scare you away.  I actually find that Children of Bodom is a very approachable metal band, though not for everyone at the same time.  "Scream For Silence" is still a lush version of melodic death metal with a guitar arrangement that I would break for and harsh vocals from lead Alexi Laiho that are definitely harsh, as it should be.  Death metal isn't something you half-ass, and Children of Bodom puts everything they have into their work, and it shows in "Scream For Silence."  Looks like I've found myself another obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment