Sunday 26 August 2012

Bitcholous - NvS

It's great that we live in a world, where artists can create good music for the sole purpose of creating good music.  NvS does just that with slick hip-hop beats and soulful vocals that take charge while making you swoon.  This is my kind of lady, and unlike a few female artists these days, she doesn't rely on giant costumes or colorful wigs to get noticed.  Her Between My Thighs EP drops soon, and contains a stellar title track as well as today's hardcore feature: "Bitcholous."

"Bitcholous" is full of surprises, I think.  Anyone who can make a Star Trek reference is good in my books.  But the feel of this song is snarky and in-your-face.  Think of it as in the vein of empowering.  I've still got the line she's a snob, she's a hoe, she's a bitch stuck in my head, and the gist of the song comes in the lyric fuck being fab, hoe, I'm straight bitcholous.  Yes, you can be a fabulous bitch and proud of it; I'll act as your prime example.  I'm looking forward to NvS's EP release in the coming future to look for more gems like this.  This is the kind of female hip-hop artist I like to find.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment