Saturday 25 August 2012

In My Sword I Trust - Ensiferum

It's been a good year for metal so far, and 2012 is just about to get a little more brutal.  In a few days, some of my favourite Finnish folk metal mongers are going to be releasing a new album.  It's Ensiferum, of course!  I'm going to try my best to get a physical copy of Unsung Heroes, but in the meantime, I've become quite a big fan of the first single, "In My Sword I Trust."  It's a solid folk metal track that compels you to run into battle screaming like a viking warrior.  Petri Lindroos is a beast with the growls, and the rest of the band uses those instruments to give this song a true heroic feeling.  If "In My Sword I Trust" has done anything, it just might have influenced me to go to Europe to get the album if I have to.

No comments:

Post a Comment