Tuesday 28 August 2012

Fallen From The Sky - Glen Hansard

If you remember my post from way back (think waaaaaaaaay back), then you remember how I praised Once for a spectacular soundtrack.  But that was ages ago; more than a year, people!  I forgot I still had some of the songs on my computer, and during a recent five-hour trip up north, "Fallen From The Sky" came up on my ipod.  I can't say I ever remember getting it, since it's also been a while since I've watched the movie, but isn't this what music is all about?  Discovering, and rediscovering?

"Fallen From The Sky" is all Glen Hansard's work, and it's all beautiful.  While on a roll of songs that remind me and Mario Kart, "Fallen From The Sky" has an instrumental side that evokes the image of a slow drive through Peach Gardens, minus the giant things chained up in the corners.  Hansard takes the delicate route here, and it makes this delicious number another indie darling.  Here's to the hidden gems hiding in all of our music libraries.

No comments:

Post a Comment