Monday 27 August 2012

Slow Down - Beataucue feat. Kenzie May + DWNTWN Remix

You can give me whatever guff you want about the original vs. remix conversation, but there's always a choice of three outcomes.  Original beats remix, remix beats original, or both are on the same level.  The latter choice is the case when it comes to French electronic duo Beataucue's "Slow Down," featuring Kenzie May on vocals.  The DWNTWN remix came to me first via rcrdlbl, and after that, I had to know what the original was like.  It was a pleasant surprise to find I couldn't put one version over the other.  Yes, sometimes you can surprise me.

The original "Slow Down" can pass for a thumping club number with the volume turned up high enough.  Kenzie May's angelic vocals are cut up and chopped up over the pulsing beats.  This isn't something I would mind hearing when I go out at night.  On the other hand, the DWNTWN remix has a little special something that makes it legendary in its own right.  There's less pulse and more whimsy.  The remix is still an electronic dance track, but the vocals are in a higher register and the beats have a bit of a magical touch.  Think of it as Mario Kart meets the electro club.  No matter which direction you choose here, you're going to have a good time.



No comments:

Post a Comment