Friday 3 August 2012

Turn The Lights On - 50 Cent

When I first got my hands on Fitty's The Lost Tape mixtape, I thought it was the best that Mr. Jackson could offer.  But man, was I wrong!  His more recent collection, 5 (Murder By Numbers) has proven to surpass the bar set by its predecessor.  It's a group of thumping-bumping ditties that are as gritty as Fitty himself (wow, that's how you rhyme in a sentence...).  "My Crown" is one worth checking out, but one that's sure to be a universal fave is "Turn The Lights On."  Fitty, like me, would rather that everything be lit up (I can't see shit, leave the lights on), and in this case, they need to be on in the bedroom.  But this is no track to keep in the privacy of your own home.  "Turn the Lights On" stays loud, stays thumping, and the guitar loop in the background is drool-worthy.  So what the hell are you waiting for?

No comments:

Post a Comment