Tuesday 21 August 2012

Soma (Acoustic) - 10 Years

I had not been aware of Knoxville's 10 Years until a few weeks ago, when this very track came my way via rcrdlbl, and even though I tend to admit that I'm over the alternative scene, I'm still nostalgic at heart.  I also wonder how I haven't  heard of these guys yet (!!!).  They've got a long list of albums and a good sound; maybe it's just the fact that their songs never made it onto the Detroit alt-rock station.  At least I know now, though.  I did take a look at the original "Soma" from their recent release Minus The Machine, but have to saw it doesn't have the same punch as the acoustic version.  Here you've got a melancholy piece of music with some stellar vocals courtesy of lead Jesse Hasek.  Oh, Mr. Hasek, you had me at stay asleep at the wheel.  The chorus rises in power over the verses, and before you know it, you'll already have listened to the acoustic "Soma" thirty times.

Oh, alternative, never leave me again.

No comments:

Post a Comment