Monday 9 December 2013

CocoRosie - Gravediggress

My favourite experimental sisters are back and better than ever!  That's right, CocoRosie put out a new album in the spring of 2013, going by the title Tales of a GrassWidow.  I'm a little sad I didn't really realize this until now, but sometimes I can be guilty of falling behind the times.  Now everything in the universe is right, however, and things will go according to plan from here on out.  *Insert evil laughter*

"Gravediggress" is experimental, remember, but it's accessible, and it definitely shows some growth from the duo's earlier work.  It's got that lush-ambient-underwater sound to it, with a clockwork menagerie of percussion, whistles and strange forest sounds that could only expect from the Casady sisters.  The vocal work shows signs of growth as well, though still retains the creepy touch that made me fall in love with the likes of "Lemonade" or "R.I.P. Burn Face."  Gah, this is what perfection in music sounds like, and it has everything you could want in an accessible experimental track.  Don't worry, it's not too weird for people like us.

No comments:

Post a Comment