Saturday 7 December 2013

Little Boots - Earthquake

I've still got a soft spot in my heart for London's Little Boots.  Even though the world is currently overwhelmed by a sea of female pop and dance artists, there's something special about her that sets her apart from everyone else.  It might be the throwback feeling you get from her music, or just the fact that it's damn good and damn enjoyable.  I have yet to find a song that isn't the least bit easy to dance to.  Simply put, listen to her stuff if you haven't already.  "Earthquake" is from her debut album, 2009's Hands, but still has that fresh feeling four years later.  It's a catchy little thing, pulsing with electropop and some synths...and it's just a moment of magic.  Little Boots also has a set of pipes, believe me, and still manages to sound sweet and innocent without overwhelming you.  "Earthquake" is pop perfection.  There's nothing negative I can say about it, except that my version is a little messed up and plays quieter than it should.  I've just got to turn it up a little louder.

No comments:

Post a Comment