Thursday 19 December 2013

Queensrÿche - Redemption

You should just get used to regular absences around this time of the year, mostly because the internet at my parents' house sucks, and nine times out of ten, I don't even try to load Facebook, or even Twitter, to spare myself the frustration.  Today I told myself when I woke up that I have to publish at least one post while I'm home, however.  I may not embed the video until I have faster internet again, however, so be patient with me.  I'm working with what I have.

Queensrÿche is the band of the day, coming to me through the Century Media Youtube channel a few weeks ago.  The Seattle metal band has been around for a while now, but with a new album out they're back on everyone's radar.  "Redemption" is what they are: good metal with a power-ish influence that kind of makes them sound like the forefathers of Avenged Sevenfold.  The chorus is pretty killer, I have to admit, and their sound there is what separates them from other bands.  "Redemption" has a bit of a twisted sound to it, but the vocal work is amazing, and the guitar work is even better.  No complaints from me!  Hell, the rest of their new album self-titled by the looks of it, is worth taking a look at.  I find it refreshing from all of the death metal I've been listening to, and maybe you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment