Tuesday 9 April 2013

Iron Maiden - Fear of the Dark

Iron Maiden falls into that forever fave category of mine, and if I had it my way, I would be seeing them for my birthday again this year since they're playing in Moscow on July 18.  Alas, having an entire planet between me and the boys seems to be enough to keep me in Canada, but that's alright.  As always, I have the music. 

"Fear of the Dark" is a forever fave from my forever faves, and definitely one of my favourites from Iron Maiden.  The guitar work kills it, Bruce is his adorable little self, and the atmosphere and tone will knock your socks off.  A while ago I featured Van Canto's cover, but honestly, you can't beat the original.  When I saw them at Bayfest last year, their performance of "Fear of the Dark" was one of the best things I've ever seen.  I was singing along without knowing that I was.  I might have a recording, so I'll have to look through my videos, but while you're waiting, familiarize yourself with the song if you haven't already.  You better.

No comments:

Post a Comment