Friday 19 April 2013

Slipknot - Wait and Bleed

My affair with Slipknot began with their last album, All Hope Is Gone, but it's their earlier work that really speaks to me.  I'm a sucker for that industrial sound, what can I say?  "Wait and Bleed" is one of the heavy-hitters off of their self-titled debut.  Don't blink, because you might miss this short ditty, but there's something infectious about it that may keep you from doing so.  Corey Taylor is flawless, going from a clean chorus to surprisingly catchy verses.  As well, a lot of instrumental power is put into a track this short.  Why waste what little time you have, am I right?  "Wait and Bleed" may not be as heavy as some of the other tracks off the album ("Prosthetics," anyone?), but you never forget the first big single.  More than a decade after its release, it's hard to do so for "Wait and Bleed."

No comments:

Post a Comment