Sunday 21 April 2013

Macklemore & Ryan Lewis feat. Wanz - Thrift Shop

I know, I know...top 40?  I can break the mold if I want to.  "Thrift Shop" jokes have been all over Tumblr for a while, and in that time I made myself avoid actually listening to the song.  That couldn't keep me away from it for long.  It was pretty easy for me to get into this one, my mind flowing with fond memories of my days working at the Mennonite thrift store back home.  It's a little jazzy with a good dose of hip-hop, and catchy as hell.

Take last night as an example.  My cousin got married and "DJed" the reception himself.  It was a so-so mix of 80's rock until we got to "Thrift Shop," which I suspect my other cousin got onto the list.  The most fun of the epic dance party was doing the running man and singing along to the lyrics.  Say all the bad things you want to about this one, but I'm a big fan of what Macklemore and the gang are up to.

No comments:

Post a Comment