Saturday 27 April 2013

Ludo - Overdone

Oh, aren't I overdone today?  I'm wrestling with some kind of stomach bug as the weather gets warmer and I continue to long to go home this weekend.  At least I've got Ludo.  I've always got good things to say about these four boys from Missouri.  There's no word about a new album, but 2010's Prepare The Preparations is holding me over for now.  "Overdone" is off the album, and it's nothing insane like "Love Me Dead" or the like, but has that theatrical quality that makes my love for Ludo steady.

"Overdone" is subdued for these boys, but nothing short of amazing.  Mr. Volpe still puts all of his power into the chorus.  It's a sad ditty, but it's special.  There's something about "Overdone" that is memorable.  It could be the 80s-esque guitar work, a melody from a fantasy movie, or lyrics that paint a sad, yet hopeful picture.  We've all been overdone before, but we all get saved eventually, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment