Thursday 11 April 2013

Nightwish - Ghost Love Score

I follow a few metal blogs on Tumblr, and there are the few elusive Nightwish songs I have yet to come across, so naturally I'm setting myself up for surprises.  One blogger posted about her love for the chorus of "Ghost Love Score," so I had to go searching.  Well, I liked what I found.  This one comes off of Once, Tarja's last album, but sounds like it might be at home in Imaginaerum.  Oh, if Annette wasn't off popping out babies, I'd love to hear her take on this one.

"Ghost Love Score" is an epic, simply put, clocking in at just over ten minutes.  The London Philharmonic Orchestra, Tarja's voice, and the boys on instruments weave some kind of fantastical love story.  And the chorus?  Tarja kills it with the I-wish-was-everlasting I fall for you.  You've still got that Nightwish sound you can't help but love, but that classical-metal feel really brings it over the top.  "Turn Loose The Mermaids" may be my favourite from the band's entire work, but I think this one might win the Tarja era.

No comments:

Post a Comment