Monday 15 April 2013

Swollen Members - Almost Famous

I fully intended to buy Beautiful Death Machine the day it came out, but I was distracted by shoes on March 19th.  No matter, because I've got it now, and I'm still only missing their debut album in my collection (along with Heavy, but for the band's sake...I don't count it).  This new release from Madchild, Prevail and Rob The Viking is a solid effort...somewhere between the sounds of Black Magic and Dagger Mouth.

"Almost Famous" is my early favourite, and if I can compare it to anything, it's an aggressive version of their own "Moonshine."  It's a bit literal, in chronicling the group's fight to be known, and how no matter what, they're three BFFs through to the end.  I commend the boys for sticking together all these years; it gives them strength in consistencyMadchild can also narrate my nightmares any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment