Friday 9 August 2013

Fleet Foxes - Your Protector

Who needs to go out or do something exciting on a Friday night when you can sit at home, write your night away, and listen to Fleet Foxes?  Not me, that's for sure.  Feeling like a shut-in can come with its own perks, you know.  Besides, I'm always going to have a soft spot in my heart for Fleet Foxes and their brand of folk that never ceases to amaze me.  Today's selection is off of their self-titled debut album, and while it's no "Helplessness Blues" or "The Shrine / An Argument," "Your Protector" is still something amazing.

"Your Protector" has that Disney-forest-movie vibe that I like to hear from Fleet Foxes, and it follows a nice pattern of soft verses and strong choruses.  The instruments are perfect, the lyrics have strong images behind their words, and the vocals...oh, the vocals.  Robin Pecknold can sing me to sleep any night of the week.  "Your Protector" has the whimsy found in nearly every Fleet Foxes song, but like any good music should, it also has its own flow that makes it unique from its brothers and sisters.  These guys need to release another album pronto.

No comments:

Post a Comment