Sunday 18 August 2013

Yellowcard - Waiting Game

I may have pulled another short absence from most of the internet, but I always return with something good, don't I?  Well, there are few albums that I can keep pulling songs from until we've got thirteen posts from one CD and unfortunately nothing left to add to that, and Lights and Sounds is one of those albums (or will be, if you know what I'm getting at), in the ranks of Cyborgs vs. Robots, Indestructible, Hats Off To The Bull and Transformers N The Hood.  Yellowcard isn't the same now as they were here, back in the roaring days of 2006, but the rule is to appreciate what we have, and enjoy gems like "Waiting Game."

"Waiting Game" has the lush orchestral sound that makes Lights and Sounds such a great album, but it's got it at a much different level than the other tracks.  It's got serious power to the word and instruments, which combines to make something spectacular.  I also fall in love with Ryan Key again after listening to any Yellowcard song, so nothing has changed here.  Things may have changed with the band by now, but with things like this, how can I be sad about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment