Tuesday 20 August 2013

Murder By Death - Lost River

I've been riding a good folk kick lately, so it's only appropriate that I give you something that could possible be even better than the work of Fleet Foxes.  It exists, don't you fret.  Murder By Death is a band whose music I've been sitting on for a while.  It's all been hidden away in the depths of my music library, never to see the light of day...until now.  You could say the Bloomington, Indiana collective is a little more americana or indie than folk, but there's something delicate and sweet about "Lost River" that brings it up to par with my forever faves Fleet Foxes.

"Lost River" plays on a strong narrative and delicate instrumental work to get its point across, and even better, it has a music video that gives you faith that some music videos out there are still worth watching.  A mouthful, I know, but when I really love something, I can't stop talking about it.  The acoustic guitar is where you get your americana in "Lost River," but the piano and strings mix with sweet vocals to give it that folk-rock vibe you want.  Now it's time for me to watch the video again and softly weep the day away.

No comments:

Post a Comment