Friday 30 August 2013

Lady Gaga - Applause

I originally wasn't going write a post about "Applause," but it's kind of grown on me lately.  I don't know if I've just listened to enough time to have it grow on me, or if Lady Gaga's VMA performance (highlight of the ceremony, to be perfectly honest) brought it over the top, but something clicked.  I'm very excited to see the entire new album in November, and if this is a taste of what's to come, then who knows?  It could very well surpass the way I feel about Born This Way.

"Applause" has something that I like to see from someone who's been around the block a few times.  It sounds new, but has that little bit of something old that makes it the Lady Gaga we know and love.  To me, it lives up to the name of the Art Pop album in the way that you can tell she's put a lot into creating this.  There is art behind "Applause."  This song has been crafted by hand and heart alike.  It's different from her past work, and that's what gives me hope for 11/11 this year.  By god, Mother Monster has done it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment