Thursday 29 August 2013

Jewel - I'm Sensitive

I've always had a little thing for Jewel, and this has been a long-term affair kind of thing.  I've got most of her albums, and as long as she keeps recording, I'll keep getting them.  Spirit is probably the best, but Pieces of You is also pretty damn good for a debut.  You can't go wrong with gems like the classic "You Were Meant For Me," though lately I've been getting into another song that you most likely haven't heard of....

"I'm Sensitive" is sweet Jewel, before the sexpot "Intuition" garbage and before she went country with Goodbye Alice In Wonderland.  This is the folky Alaskan girl who was living in her car at her best.  "I'm Sensitive" is a strong acoustic number, with lyrics up to par and something special.  It's sweet, sure, but it also speaks volumes.  This was Jewel at her lyrically finest, and I hope that you see it too.

No comments:

Post a Comment