Wednesday 14 August 2013

The Cranberries - Desperate Andy

I had a good music haul a few weeks ago, and I'm one step closer to completing the entire discography of The Cranberries.  Fingers crossed, their debut is at Value Village the next time I'm there.  I hadn't been aware of Bury The Hatchet's existence before I stumbled upon it one afternoon, but I found that it had a nice fun flavor too it with some seriousness.  It's the best of both worlds from No Need To Argue and To The Faithful Departed.  It didn't even take that long to find a track that immediately stood out...

"Desperate Andy" got me because it's catchy, and Dolores O'Riordan sounds especially nice on this track.  The band chronicles the sad life of Andy, forced to conform by a bossy girlfriend, to a catchy tune, with a nice lilting bit that gets me every time.  There's a good message in there too, don't worry.  The world is your oyster now, you can do what you want to do, the world is your oyster now, so go out, and get high, and get whatever you want to.  I've never been to Ireland before, but I hope this kind of tune plays up and down the streets there, because if that's the case, I'll never leave.

No comments:

Post a Comment