Saturday 24 August 2013

She & Him - Never Wanted Your Love

My boyfriend is kind of in love with Zooey Deschanel, and while I enjoy episodes of New Girl now and again, I'm more in love with her musical project with Matthew Ward...She & Him.  It started with a little song called "Never Wanted Your Love," posted by someone I follow on Tumblr, and the rest is history.  Their quirky indie pop is proof that sometimes actors can make fine musicians, so you can rinse the poor taste of Scarlett Johansson's album (not "Before My Time," that was a masterpiece) out of your mouth with this one.

"Never Wanted Your Love" is high on indie pep, making good use of a handful of strings from the string section, and Zooey's voice that's even better than it was in that Cotton commercial she sang in.  It's catchy, it's refreshing, and on lovely summer days like this, it's just what you need.  That's right, you!  Songs like "Never Wanted Your Love" were made to make the listener just feel warm and fuzzy, and that's why I love She & Him.

1 comment:

  1. I must admit I do like New Girl, but this song is a lot of fun too. :D I'll have to listen to some of their other stuff.

    ReplyDelete