Thursday 22 August 2013

Panic! At The Disco - Northern Downpour

I've been hearing rumors about a new Panic! At The Disco album coming out in the near future, and while I haven't decided how excited I am about that, I'm secretly hoping that the duo will make it like Pretty. Odd. and give us an album with no fillers and beautiful instrumental arrangements.  Hell, that's an album I can probably pull from songs from for a few days straight without stopping, so why not start with a sweet little number like "Northern Downpour"?

What I like about "Northern Downpour" is...well, everything.  There's the acoustic guitar, the electric guitar that's in no way overpowering, the percussion, the lyrics, the sweet nature.  I picture two lovers, miles and miles apart, both looking up at a full moon and singing along to this tune.  *Sigh*  I'm a hopeless romantic.  This track was one of the highlights of Pretty. Odd. and is something I'd like to see from the band in the future.  No more tricks or funny business.  They need to go back to their roots (well, almost their roots, since I can't imagine them doing electro-alternative again).

No comments:

Post a Comment