Friday 26 August 2011

Fleet Foxes - Helplessness Blues

Firstly, I must apologize for an unannounced absence, but you know how the world is.  Thunderstorms roll in, knocking out your internet providor's services...and you're left to find something else to do on days when I probably could be on my laptop all day.  As well, I apologize in advance for an absence on Saturday and Sunday, though things will get back to normal on Monday.

How will I make it up to you, the world?  Simple.  I am sharing one of my many hidden gems; the diamond of my song collection.  Fleet Foxes' beautiful, stunning, simplistic indie folk song, "Helplessness Blues."  Beginning: I was raised up believing I was somehow unique, like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes, and meek in each way you could see in a nearly a capella fashion, an acoustic guitar is subtly introduced, followed by by slight vocal harmonies.  Simplistic, yes, but freaking-amazing-diddly.

This is how music should be done.  No computer.  Hell, no drums either.  And you keep away that damn electric guitar.  Here is a song that throws away everything that is wrong with music in this day and shows the world what it's missing.  Five minutes of wonder.  And there is no need for multiple listens here; I give you one minute before your ears begin to weep.

No comments:

Post a Comment