Monday 1 August 2011

Sleeping Bag - Slime

You know that kind of indie that sounds like no one is trying too hard, and the band still achieves greatness? (Well, not in record sales or chart-topping singles, but just well-done music).  Sleeping Bag, the Indiana indie outfit (how well did that work out?) proves that you don't need to be shouting every word at the highest level of your vocal register to make good music.  A simple guitar hook and a croon unlike any croon you've heard before is the formula to success here.

"Slime" is their anthem, or more like an anthem that doesn't want to be an anthem.  Upon first listen, I can admit that I was wondering if this was actually the right song for me.  I kept listening to find a catchy chorus and ending up having that hook stuck in my head for a very long time.  The part that wormed its way into my brain and burrowed in quite deep was the part of the chorus where the title is repeated: every piece of you is slime, slime, slime but you're fine, fine, fine.

Case in point?  This is fine, fine, fine and then some.  And it isn't typical indie either.  Come on, would I ever bring you something typical?

No comments:

Post a Comment