Wednesday 17 August 2011

Ninjasonik feat. The Partysquad - Moshpit

Is that another combination of genres that I hear?  Though not as in-your-face as other songs, "Moshpit", a danceable, insanely catchy tune by Ninjasonik, has three different types of music behind this title.  There's electronic pulsing through the chorus, a robotic repetition of jump jump, don't break your neck....jump in the moshpit, break your neck.  You hear a tiny hint of alternative in the verses (yes, those are guitars) along with rapped lyrics.

Though it may sound complicated, it comes across as something wondrous and definitely not as complex as the process of combining 3 genres may be.  Who knew that such a combination would give you something to dance to both in the club, and definitely in a moshpit?  This both restores my faith in the world of rap and makes me want to get out of my chair and do some kind of insane dance move.  I wanna dive off the stage.  I wanna listen to this again.

No comments:

Post a Comment