Tuesday 30 August 2011

Bag Raiders - Shooting Stars

Electronic genius is sometimes sitting in the depths of your music library, festering until the moment that it comes on during shuffle.  This is exactly what has just happened.  I wasn't planning to post until I got home from an outing later today, but as I was finishing up on the family computer, "Shooting Stars" by Bag Raiders came on.  It's an old favourite that I've had for a while, compared to the 270-something songs in my Recently Added playlist.  I've mentioned a few electronic gods before.  Bag Raiders...they are electronic gods.

"Shooting Stars" is, however, electronic for people who dont' like the typical throbbing bass, screaming synths electronic that is nearly impossible to avoid these days.  With music that reminds you of the easy level in a Mario game or a hard level in Spyro, it's airy and brings you up into the sky...coincidentally with the shooting stars.  There are lyrics, but I think that "Shooting Stars" could stand alone as a purely "instrumental" piece.  However, the rising climax (with speed and intensity) ends with beautiful lyrics. 

Give my love to the shooting stars because Bag Raiders have this in...well, the bag.

No comments:

Post a Comment