Thursday 4 August 2011

Rockwell Knuckles - Silly Human

Today I bring you a second song from the great Rockwell Knuckles, off of one of the best albums I've heard in 2011, You're Fucking Out I'm Fucking In.  It is a plethora of wondrous, catchy rap songs; I've already featured my favourite song from the album, "Play Catch."  You may ask yourself, what could be better than this?  "Silly Human."

Now, I listen to a lot of music.  I know catchy when I hear it.  Catchy burrows into your mind and repeats in your dreams, leaving you to wake up, grab your phone, and text that weird and wonderful mess to the first person you can think of.  Catchy is the chorus of "Silly Human."  I remember the first time I listened to the song (maybe a month or so ago), and even though I only caught bits and pieces, I immediately wanted to know every word Mr. Knuckles was spitting out.  It took two more listens before I was rapping along and scaring my brother and sister at the same time (Laura, you only got this song like...an hour ago!).  Now, you may argue that some songs can't be catchy and fresh forever.  I'd have to disagree with you, because I'm still listening to "Silly Human" regularly.

I can't say anything bad about the verses either.  Though they leave you waiting for that amazing chorus, the combination of quick and smart lyrics with the always good touch of interesting background beats keeps you alert, and entertained. 

If you want music to live forever, Rockwell Knuckles can show you.

No comments:

Post a Comment