Monday 15 August 2011

Wombats - Techno Fan (Diplo Remix)

Wombats: an indie band.  Diplo: an electronic god.  What do you get when you put the two together? Brilliance, and nothing else.  I've listened to the original "Techno Fan", and while it was still a good track, it was missing something.  A certain techno element that the song needed in order to have some more relation to the title.  Diplo took it from amazing indie to an amazing blend of two genres (something you have to say I'm partial to, what can I say?).

What is in this amazing blend of indie and techno, perhaps?  Something danceable and catchy.  The majority of the lyrics have been cut, but the best escaped the cutting room floor.  Shut and move with me, move with me, or get out of my faceShut up and stay with me, stay with me, or let go of my hand.  the lasers fill our minds with empty plans, I never knew I was a techno fan.  Admittedly, that string of lyrics has been stuck in my head for 2 weeks now.  The remix came into my possession sometime in June (I think), and slipped through the cracks as more songs came in.  Once the familiar beat showed up during a shuffling of the songs, I fell in love again.

I never knew I could be this much of a fan.

No comments:

Post a Comment