Saturday 13 August 2011

Hollywood Undead - Levitate

*Sigh* back after a nice week of vacation, though I have to admit that I might not find the time tomorrow to be consistent again.  Oh well, I try.  I'm a busy beaver for the next week...

Anyways, after a long absence, I bring you another gem from Hollywood Undead's latest album, American Tragedy.  Admittedly, "Levitate" was the first song from the recording that stuck out to me.  Once again, the band flawlessly blends rap with alternative, in some kind of fantastical way that not many other acts can do.  "Levitate" is a rather explicit song if you read between the lines, but it wouldn't have the same effect if it was squeaky-clean.  I can make your body levitate if you let me.

This is what those guys do best.  Without leaning too far into either genre that they draw from, the result is unique.  Amazing.  They take turns spitting rhymes, blowing the listener's mind...can you say genius?  It's no "Bullet", but it's nonetheless stellar.

No comments:

Post a Comment