Tuesday 16 August 2011

I See Stars - Wonderland

Sometimes you just need to find some music from a relatively unknown Michigan band, turn up the volume, and listen closely.  During a long drive home at 10:30 p.m Sunday night, "Wonderland" came on the radio.  It's caught somewhere between alternative and post-hardcore with bias towards alternative.  The Warren, Michigan outfit I See Stars even includes some electronic-y bits that remind me of the Attack Attack! songs I love.  And is that some screamo in the bridge?  I am in heaven, or rather, wonderland.

The lyrics?  They aren't the overly-depressing norm that's easy to find with this genre.  You ask me why I'm so blue, I'm holding my breath for you.  "Wonderland" is a fun change from the music I'm listening to as of late, perhaps a reminder of the days where I'd prowl around the internet sampling alternative bands based on how awesome I thought their name was (that ended up being a bit of a hit or miss).  I See Stars does alternative right while still giving their fans the screamo they crave.  I'm excited to hear more from this band, and will be listening to the radio at night more often.

No comments:

Post a Comment