Wednesday 13 June 2012

Bloody Mary - Lady Gaga

Try as I might, I can't find a bad word to say about Lady Gaga.  She's the definition of a true entertainer, and Born This Way might just be one of the best albums in my collection.  I want to see this woman in concert ASAP.  Today's selection comes from her latest effort, which was a fantastic effort if I do say so myself.  I've found that Gaga's religiously symbolic music has been my favourite (with the exception of "You and I" ...that will always be fantastic).  There was the "Alejandro" video, "Judas" and now today's "Bloody Mary."

I'll dance, dance, dance with my hands, hands, hands above my head, head, head like Jesus said.

"Bloody Mary" is pared down compared to Mother Monster's high-energy epics, but it's still pure pop and a little dance.  Remixed, this would be thumping in a club, but I like "Bloody Mary" just the way it is.  The chorus is killer, and should never be changed.  It's an experience, and an interesting listen for everyone.  It evokes a bit of Evita (I won't cry for you, I won't crucify the things you do) and runs in the opposite direction of the high-energy tracks of Born This Way, but if Gaga is anything, she's a chameleon.  "Bloody Mary" is just another side to the world's most interesting woman.

No comments:

Post a Comment