Sunday 3 June 2012

Valiant Ride - Ancient Bards

Now and again I like some good power metal, and I'm usually in the mood for symphonic metal, so why not combine the two?  Italy's Ancient Bards will always be that happy medium, even if I'm not allowed to comment on the "The Birth Of Evil" video...still.  They've got a slew of epics up their sleeves, and as I've gone through my cache of their music recently, my penchant returned.  You can blame Sara Squadrani's vocals and drums that just won't quit.  "Valiant Ride" is the almost-perfect march into battle song, as it turns out.  I think it's become a forever fave.

I'll let Ancient Bards have one too-literal-for-its-own-good verse of "Valiant Ride" (you'll know which one it is when you read the lyrics), as the rest of the song makes up for it.  There's the lyrics you expect but luckily still impress you, however (for as long as we know how to use our weapons, there's nothing that can destroy our force), and a bridge beginning at 2:25 that will put every other piece of power metal you know to shame.  Sara's got talent, and she knows how to put emotion into her words when she needs to.  Congratulations, Ancient Bards, you've redeemed yourself from the The Birth of Evil" video.

No comments:

Post a Comment