Thursday 28 June 2012

Quiet Dog - Mos Def

One thing I want to assure them, if they think I'm gonna change or compromise my attitude and my way of life or in my expression or in my goal towards politics, they are making me stronger, and I am much much stronger now.

I've always liked a good, stripped-down rap song, and I've always liked Mos Def as both an actor and a rapper.  He makes "Quiet Dog" anything but quiet, however.  The beats are pared down, but that's all the better to let Mos's words shine, and once again, proof that rap isn't just about loud bass and all that jazz.  This is something different from Lil Wayne and Whiz Khalifa and everyone else out there, and that's why Mos Def is going to be around for a loooong time.  Besides, haven't you seen The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy


No comments:

Post a Comment