Sunday 10 June 2012

It's All Okay - Julia Stone

Julia Stone is half of the indie duo Angus & Julia, and on her own she's more than brilliant.  My favourite kind of singing voice for a female is a unique voice that packs a punch when it has to.  Julia has it in "It's All Okay," joining in the ranks of Fiona, Annette and Sarah (my forever faves).  With a delicate piano on repeat and a little help from the acoustic guitar, Ms. Stone shows us that she's just as capable solo as she is in a duo, all in four minutes.

"It's All Okay" begins the story is different now, the records are playing in the living room, and you might say you're wounded, and I might say I'm hurt, but we knew the difference then between the fire and the earth.  Lyrical genius so soon?  You get me, Julia.  You really get me.  She weaves her words through what just might be the perfect indie song.  I think it's a serious contender.  The Active Child remix of this track is also to die for.  Holy crap.  But enough of my insistence; let your mouse do the clicking and Julia Stone do the talking.



No comments:

Post a Comment