Sunday 17 June 2012

Don't Fuck With Me - Pusha T

Pusha T already has one thing going for him: my personal catchphrase as the title of his four minute rap ditty.  "Don't Fuck With Me" should be everyone's personal catchphrase, if I could have it my way.  I first became familiar with the Virginia rapper's work through the great Kanye West, taking featured artist duties on tracks like "Runaway" and "Looking For Trouble."  Now that I've got him where I want him, riding solo, Pusha T lets you know that he's got what it takes to survive.

Despite the title, "Don't Fuck With Me" is a pared-down rap number, with background beats focusing on minimal percussion and choppy vocals and choral work.  I can't complain.  Sometimes you don't need a lot of bells and whistles behind you.  Less is more, I always say.  He laments, there's a lot of people out there to be fucked with, I am not one.  Some quick research shows this song to be a diss directed at Drake; something I can't complain about either.  I know some albums can be called the soundtrack to a certain year of my life, but "Don't Fuck With Me" is the soundtrack to my entire life as a whole.  Here's to twenty years of letting people know, that like Pusha, I'm not one to be fucked with.

No comments:

Post a Comment