Friday 22 June 2012

Orifice Origami - Reptar + LYRICS

I'm back after a 3 day absence, and I have to say, I went through a bit of blog withdrawal during my time off.  And even though now that I'm back home and settled, I'm anxious to get back to my baby (this blog).  Even though my laptop is decommissioned for the time being, I'm on the family desktop with Youtube as my guide and the saved playlist on my ipod to remind me what comes next.  And wouldn't you know it, today's choice comes from Georgia's own disco dusters Reptar, with their always-fun-always-stellar "Orifice Origami."

The beginning of "Orifice Origami" is what initially drew me in; it's the entrance music I'd like to follow me everywhere I go.  Though as the indie rockers continue into the four minutes of greatness, you realize this is more than entrance music.  This is good regardless.  Think of this as Foster The People, but with a rocking twist that'll have you drooling.  From personal experience, "Orifice Origami" grew on me as I continued listening, and I think it'll grow on you too.  If not, get the thing that is growing on you checked out; we're all worried about you refusing to see a doctor.


Something's not right here
What is it missing?
Gold under pebbles, throw it away
I was the last one pondering, caught up in the revel

Pellucid in disarray

Stacked under water
It's like the backgrounds lost
So I don't know where we started
Thumb said I am running away, I was raised to stick around, and be a fool
This way
Addy wrote verses that blew my mind
They were folding wandering all the time
The last of them roses burning away
It's a sophisticated process you just can't bottle, ok?
When I was one

Something's not right here

What is it missing?
Reacting the same but we don't know what the facts say

We take our medicine at night

I can't control it, what do I do?
Stay in the background, run around and try to console you

Suddenly what can I say?

Through the pillow my head reaches an appalling state
Do you remember the doctor's name?
No, it's going to be a long night anyway 


No comments:

Post a Comment