Tuesday 5 June 2012

Drippin' - FKi

I'm still a big FKi fan, and still listening through Zoolanish and Transformers N The Hood, where today's featured song comes from.  The thing about this duo is that they can do anything with the rap genre and make it their own.  Doing it to near-perfection helps too.  Their "Drippin" is on the shorter side, but still packs the punch you want.  Yes, it's slower, but so what?

"Drippin" has one thing that I hate to admit I've become a fan of lately: some dubstep-like bass that echoes in the chorus.  It's just what "Drippin" needs to go from a slowed-down-stripped-down rap song to sheer brilliance.  They've created something special here in a place where you'd least expect it.  Giselle's vocals repeat I walked into the room drippin' (sampled from "Crave You" by Flight Facilities) but I started listening to Transformers N The Hood with my jaw droppin'.  Listen to it and let me know that I'm right.

No comments:

Post a Comment