Saturday 9 June 2012

Plaster - Booggéré

Itunes originally brought me "Booggéré" as the single-of-the-week some time ago, and I can say this electro ditty has grown on me ever since.  The Montreal collective Plaster knows how to stay unique in a genre that's growing larger each day, and prove a kid with a laptop doesn't have anything on them. 

"Booggéré" begins with an a capella chant, but soon an electronic god's orchestra is introduced.  You have the electric guitar, some percussion, and evidence that it's danceable by the sway of your shoulders.  Listen to "Booggéré" and tell me that it doesn't get you moving.  A childish chant turns into something far more here, and paves the way for an English rap verse to enter the scene in front of beeps and switches.  They've even got lyrical genius: show love ad expect no lesser.  Though "Booggéré" is danceable on its own, I'd like to see it remixed into a thumping club track.  Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment