Saturday 16 June 2012

Piazza, New York Catcher - Belle & Sebastian

Juno still remains as one of the best movies I've ever seen (though from left field, it faces some serious competition from Prometheus), and boasts a soundtrack that just might be the best movie soundtrack I've ever heard.  Though I can give my props to Barry Louis Polisar's "All I Want Is You" and Kimya Dawson's "Tree Hugger," the show is stolen by Glasgow's own Belle & Sebastian with "Piazza, New York Catcher."  There's no need to argue, because you all know I'm right here.

The acoustic guitar powers "Piazza, New York Catcher," an indie number that's a little sad, a little happy, and a lot good.  Even a casual listen to the lyrics shows how it connects to Juno (you'll take care of her, I know it, you will do a better job), but even on its own, it's powerful stuff.  There's a reason why these guys have been around so long as an indie fave.  The proof s in the pudding, as I've recently said a lot, and it's also in "Piazza, New York Catcher."

Meet you at the statue in an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment