Friday 29 June 2012

Featuring Some of Your Favourite Words - From First To Last

I just died.  I have literally just blown my own mind.  While I claim to know everything about music (or almost everything), learning five minutes ago that Skrillex is actually Sonny Moore of From First To Last fame has actually blown my mind to kingdom come.  In what world do things like this happen?  The lead vocalist of an old, emo post-hardcore band grew up, grew out half of his hair and learned how to use a Mac.  Skrillex...y u do this to me?  Though I can't say I enjoy his electronic-dubstep-debauchery, I have to admit that I was a big fan in his post-hardcore days.  Dear Diary, My Teen Angst Has A Body Count was the soundtrack to my '05, and among the emo gems that echo with industrial (dare I say, a precursor to Skrillex?) sounds would be today's featured track.

Featuring Some of Your Favourite Words.

Though Sonny retired from post-hardcore because of vocal strain (among other things...ahem....solo project....ahem), I kind of wished he would have stuck around to belt it out like he does here.  Ironic, as he laments here's to playing tug-of-war with my vocal chords.  "Featuring..." emerges as a catchy number, somewhere in the vein of Hawthorne Heights, but it's Sonny's vocals that make it.  It's that simple.  But hey, at least he loves what he does now.  You need to listen to know what I'm talking about, so get to it!  On a final note, the final note of this song will forever remain a highlight of music in my life...

Throw this paper into fire, and take me with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment