Sunday 23 December 2012

Lost Lander - Afraid of Summer

Have you heard of Portland, Oregon's Lost Lander before?  Probably not, and if you have, then you are awesome.  For those of you who haven't, you're missing out on some good indie from this four piece.  Their album DRRT was released in the early throes of 2012, and it's a surprise to me that they're only being featured now for their string-laden "Afraid of Summer."  This isn't the lush guitar indie you may expect from me, but something different.  "Afraid of Summer" is powered by the acoustic guitar and an impressive violin and delicate piano.  It's more haunting than anything, and anything haunting falls into my good books.

I'm afraid of summer 'cause you know I can't swim
I get lost in the water when the tide pulls me in.

No comments:

Post a Comment