Saturday 22 December 2012

Adele - He Won't Go

I'm currently doing a few things.  One: adding most of the CDs I've borrowed from my brother's best friend to my laptop.  Two: deciding how I can organize my own collection of 200+ albums.  Three: enjoying Adele.  The running joke in my family is that my brother has a voice like the British chanteuse.  He doesn't, and I'm not sure how it started, but that's how Adele will be remembered by me.  She's also pretty awesome, and 19 and 21 both find constant play in my parents' house.  You could make the obvious choices for "Rolling In The Deep," "Set Fire To The Rain" or "Someone Like You," but why not go a little more obscure?  If you haven't listened to "He Won't Go" then you better get on it.

"He Won't Go" pulses with delicate piano work, but Adele's voice is nothing short of a powerhouse on this track.  She's got the soul needed to make this the sleeper hit of 21.  She says it herself, I'm willing to take the risk.  This ditty follows themes of independence, and steadying a pair of shaky feet.  It's empowering without the repetitive breakup references of her other, more popular songs.  Adele ain't no one-note artist, people.  She's got it, and I'm looking forward to her next installment in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment