Saturday 1 December 2012

Green Day - Letterbomb

Nobody likes you, everyone left you, they're all out without you having fun.

I'll admit to being a bit indifferent about Green Day.  Everyone I ask picks Dookie as their best work and is a bit shocked to find out I'm not their biggest fan.  Well, I got American Idiot when I was in the seventh grade, and though I don't enjoy it as much as I did back then, a few songs are still worthy of featuring.  "Holiday" is my absolute favourite Green Day song, but "Letterbomb" wins the feature.  It's got the Green Day brand of punk that makes it theirs, but doesn't leave that peppy-shouting-too-political taste in your mouth.  I find Billie Joe Armstrong likable in "Letterbomb," which says something, and the guitars are killer.  It's punk all grown up, and the fact that I'm still listening to it eight years later earns major awesome points.  Sure, a song can be good when it comes out, but that good feeling lasts?  Now we're talkin'

No comments:

Post a Comment